Among the famous Char Dham Yatra places, Rameswaram is often referred to as the ‘Varanasi of South’. It is located in a conch-shaped island and is home to the renowned Ramanathaswamy Temple which attracts millions of people from around the globe. Other than this popular attraction, the city has a number of beautiful temples that showcases artistic carvings and glorious statues of Lord Ram.
Top Attractions You Shouldn’t Miss:
A trip to Rameswaram is not only sacred but also delivers a sense of divinity to its visitors. To experience the best of this land, this is a list of attractions you shouldn’t miss. Take a look:
– Sri Ramanathaswamy Temple
– Lakshmana Tirtham
– Adam’s Bridge
– Water Bird Sanctuary
– Kothandaramaswamy Temple
– The Five Faced Hanuman Temple
– Dhanuskodi Beach
– Annai Indira Gandhi Road Bridge
– Villoondi Tirtham
– Ariyaman Beach
– Agni Theertham
Facts You Must Know:
– Best time to visit Rameswaram: October to April (20-30 degree Celsius)
– Nearest Airport: Madurai Airport (163 km)
– Languages spoken: Tamil, English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu
What You Will Love:
– The longest temple corridor in India at Ramanathaswamy Temple. It has an idol of Lord Shiva in the form of Jyotirlinga.
– Dhanushkodi Beach with its silvery sands and calm waters. Ideal to capture a beautiful sunrise.
– Experience the glass boat ride to witness the stunning coral reefs at the Pamban Bridge.
What Must be Prepared for:
– There is no nightlife in this city. Tourists usually come here to seek blessings and offer prayers at the various temples.
– The options for shopping are limited.
– Festive times in this city makes it overcrowded. Avoid festive times.
Best Hotels in Rameswaram
If you are looking for hotels in Rameswaram, we have picked the best for your convenience:
Luxury Hotels in Rameswaram
If you love finer things in life and want to enjoy leisure time at your stay in Rameswaram, then treat yourself with a luxurious time in Rameswaram. The beautiful city of Rameswaram has no dearth of luxury accommodations for those who are ready to be extravagant on their vacation. Hotel Star Palace, Daiwik hotels Rameswaram, Hyatt Place, Hotel Arjuna, Hotel Rameswaram Grand, Hotel Ashoka and Hotel SS Grand are some of the best hotels in Rameswaram. These ultra-modern hotels come with classy rooms, upscale facilities, superlative service and plush dining to make your stay comfortable and opulent.
Budget Hotels in Rameswaram
Rameswaram hotel prices vary as per your budget and comfort. Do you have a limited budget for your accommodation and getting a decent stay in Rameswaram worrying you? Shed all your concerns and have a look at some of the most affordable hotels that offer excellent service and satisfying facilities.
Jiwan Residency, Hotel Right Choice, Hotel MCM Towers, Kushi Beach resort, Hotel KNP Nest, Hotel Temple Towers and Hotel Royal Residency are some of the great budget hotels here. These offer the best value-for-money properties with great and basic facilities and services.
So, if you are travelling to Rameswaram for a religious tour or just for a vacation with your family, keep these tips and facts in mind to have a wonderful stay.