What does it mean to be healthy? Most people would say that being healthy means being disease-free. But that’s not the only factor that determines whether you’re healthy. Healthy humans are active, mobile, and full of energy. Do you find yourself sustaining any injuries? Do you feel like you have compromised your physical well-being? You might want to ask yourself this question: “Is there a physiotherapist near me who can help me with my condition?”
Physical injuries might not seem as serious as a virulent disease or any similar sickness. Truth is, they need as much attention, if not more so than other types of conditions. If you don’t attend to them quickly enough, your recovery process will slow down. In some cases, your injuries might not heal correctly.
Thankfully, many medical professionals are versed in the science of treating physical conditions. But for more specialised and effective care, you might want to consider a specialist who focuses on your physical condition. Physiotherapy, also known as physical therapy, is a field dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of health conditions. While a physiotherapist can treat other underlying health conditions, they’re most helpful for people affected by disabilities, injuries, and other similar illnesses.
What physiotherapists can offer you
If you decide that you might require the services of a physiotherapist, you might be surprised at the range of services they can provide for you. Here are some of the medical services and treatments they can provide.
1) Exercise. When you think, “How should I get treated at a physiotherapy clinic near me?” exercise might be the last thing on your mind. But dispel this notion. Exercise treatments might seem simple, but it makes a load of difference on your road to recovery.A trained physical therapist knows the movement exercises you need to jog unused muscles and those that are recovering from serious injuries. Many patients have attested to the efficacy of exercise in rehabilitating them.
2) Advice on how to handle your injuries. If you’ve recently gotten into an avoidable accident, your physical therapist may educate you on how to minimise harm and increase the chances of recovery. Some actions can make you more prone to healing more slowly, so even a little advice can go a long way to helping you recover. Ask your physiotherapist the right questions about your recovery plan.
3) Manual therapy. Are you experiencing intense muscle pains or soreness? Perhaps you’re recovering from an accident that rendered you immobile. Manual therapy is a service that uses a hands-on approach to identify and treat ailments. They use techniques that help relieve chronic pain, aid in recovering from injuries and rehabilitate you from surgical procedures.
4) Advice for taking care of your body for the future. On the other hand, if you’re about to engage in a physical activity that has a high chance of injury, then you might want to reach out to a physiotherapist for support. Athletes and other people in a physical field may benefit from sport physiotherapy in Singapore. It’s because many physiotherapists can recognise the signs of sports injuries. They are also trained to know what injuries are most common in your line of work. Physiotherapists will show you ways to avoid future injuries in your sport.
Types of people that physiotherapists can treat
Developing any health condition is a worrying prospect. In the case of physical health conditions, you’ll have a choice of many medical professionals to turn to. Medicines and other treatments and procedures are important. But physiotherapy might be the key to recovering or preventing specific conditions. That’s why it’s often used as a supplement to other medical services.
Is physiotherapy in Singapore worth the cost? Some people might mistakenly believe that physiotherapy is a field that benefits only athletes. In reality, physiotherapists treat a diverse group of people with special attention to their unique situations and needs. Here is a list of the kinds of individuals that need physiotherapy.
1) People with chronic pain or illness. Do you suffer from a condition that continuously makes your life difficult? Chronic illness can affect your way of life and make you feel helpless. Physiotherapists provide just the kind of services that help ease your pain and make adjustments to accommodate your situation.
2) Elderly people. As we age, our muscles become weak and our bones become more brittle. It only makes sense that we need to look after ourselves more carefully. Conditions such as arthritis are much more common in people aged 50 and up. A physical therapist can help you practice safe habits to protect your musculoskeletal system and give you relief.
3) Individuals who have just undergone surgery. If you’re fresh out of surgery, your priority might be to reach out to a physiotherapy clinic near you. Any surgery or invasive treatment can drain your energy and be highly taxing. The beginning stages of recovery are when you might need a physiotherapist the most. Medical professionals can give you advice on how to recover much more quickly and get you back on your feet in no time.
4) People with disabilities. Physical disabilities can be lifelong, attained from birth, recent, or more. Whatever the circumstances, people with disabilities will fare a lot better with physical therapists to guide them. A physical therapist can suggest exercises that work your muscles and ensure that the rest of your body stays in top shape. Having a disability can make you more prone to developing other health conditions simply because you can’t care for your body.
Edge Healthcare can assist you with addressing a wide range of physical conditions. If you’re looking for a clinic that provides physiotherapy and osteopathy in Singapore’s CBD, talk to a professional via their website.